Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
What is the training for?
- Does your dog ignore you?
- Does your dog wander off and you struggle to get them back on a lead?
- Does your dog have a high prey drive and is more interested in chasing than staying by your side?
- Are walks and visits to the park becoming difficult?
This is the masterclass for you. This masterclass is designed to solely concentrate on how to train your dog to recall to you.
This masterclass package consists of three classes over a three month period, and three monthly plans to follow in between the classes. During the three months you will have the ongoing support you need from a qualified trainer and behaviourist and most importantly by the end of the three months develop a fabulous recall you can rely on.
Classes are held in a secure grassed paddock at the Blue Cross Rehoming Centre in Ipswich. We train at the Blue Cross by supporting the rescue dogs with financial contributions for the use of the space as well as giving the Blue Cross rescues a space in every class so they have time out of kennels, and interaction with dogs and people whilst they are waiting to find their forever home.
Blue Cross Rehoming Centre, Bourne Hill Wherstead Ipswich IP2 8NQ
(If you are using Sat nav it may not bring you all of the way to the centre. If approaching from the south side of Bourne Hill, you will pass the Oyster Reach restaurant, and Bourne Hill kennels on the left. The centre is just past the kennels and opposite the entrance to the dry ski slope) Wherstead is just off junction 56 of the A14 making it easy to reach from Sudbury, Felixstowe, Ipswich, Colchester, Woodbridge, Martlesham, Sproughton, Copdock and surrounding areas.
What to bring to class:
- Flat collar or harness (Choke chains, prong collars are not permitted)
- Standard lead (not extendable)
- Lots of yummy treats cut into small pieces. Thinly sliced hot dogs are great for training
- Poo bags
- Please bring your dogs vaccination certificate to the first session you attend or email a copy to email@example.com
- Please dress for the weather conditions, to ensure you and your dog are comfortable throughout the session. We train in all weathers. REMEMBER, theres no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes!!!!!!
- Water and water bowls are provided, but if your dog prefers their own please feel free to bring that as well. We recommend not feeding a morning meal, or at least reducing it, as the training is reward based and their tummy’s will fill up quickly!!!
Parking is available on site, and please read our terms and conditions before booking.